Saturday, February 15, 2014

Broccoli with brown sauce

I was craving broccoli with brown sauce tonight after work and almost stopped at the Chinese restaurant.  Then remembered I am broke and went to Shoppers instead to buy broccoli.

So glad I did because this meal is alot cheaper than the $6 or more I would have paid.

Did you know that brown sauce was so easy to make??

1 1/2 c. cooked. Jasmine rice $0.50
2 c. Steamed broccoli $0.98
3 garlic cloves. $0.10
1 Tbsp sesame oil $0.10
2 Tbsp brown sugar $0.10
4 Tbsp soy sauce $0.16
1 1/2 c water
1-2 Tbsp corn starch $0.10

Brown garlic in oil.  Add brown sugar, soy sauce, water.  Cook until sugar dissolves.

Add corn starch.  Cook until sauce thickens.  It will brown up some more as you cook it.

Ass broccoli.  Serve over rice. 

Enjoy!

Total cost $2.04

I thought I was going to eat all of this, but my eyes were bigger than my stomach. So I have lunch for manana! Cost per serving. $1.02

 

No comments:

Post a Comment